Header Ads

Levy’s first impression of the big new feature of Face ID?

Levy’s first impression of the big new feature of Face ID?
Does it work? Pretty much. It seems reliable at fending off intruders. I have thrust my phone into several people’s faces – though considerably fewer than the million punims that Apple says I’d have to try before a false positive – and it has not fallen for any of them. I even offered up my own head shot to the camera: no go.

How it has dealt with my own real-life face is another matter. There have been times when, despite a clear view of my face, the iPhone X has ghosted me. (Apple tells me that perhaps I wasn’t making what the iPhone X considers eye contact. I wouldn’t want it to turn on every time my face was within camera range, would I?)

Eventually I devised a strategy. When waking my iPhone I think of it as De Niro’s mirror in Taxi Driver. You talkin’ to me? Well, I’m the only one here! I then see if the little lock icon on the screen has released its latch.

কোন মন্তব্য নেই

Blogger দ্বারা পরিচালিত.